- Firmstart (Mcr) Ltd provide affordable managed workspace & meeting facilities based at St Wilfrid's Enterprise Centre [converted church], off Royce Road, Hulme M15 5BJ. 0161 227 9889
- Hulme Community Garden Centre works in the community to promote gardening, sustainability, organic horticulture, & biodiversity, and provides volunteering opportunities, training, community projects, as well as running a nursery which sells plants (everything for the garden), with excellent expert advice at hand; a great place just to visit.
- Emerge Recycling is a not for profit community business specialising in performing recycling collections for household and office waste throughout Manchester.
- Fairfield Materials Management is a social enterprise operating in Manchester who divert thousands of tonnes of fruit and veg waste away from landfill, and convert it into a meat-free, vegan friendly compost!
- Action for Sustainable Living (AfSL) enables people to live more sustainably by visiting them at home and giving simple, practical advice. They also put people in touch with each other so that they can find local solutions to local problems. AfSL is a not-for-profit organisation, and currently provides these services in Chorlton, Hulme and Old Trafford. 0845 456 4468.
Wesley staff who cycle, use and recommend Edinburgh Cycles
on Oxford Road as a really good local bike shop, and it has some fantastic bikes. But with our cycle project we signpost customers there as it is a cooperative and shares a lot of our environmental values - and, indeed, provides us with some second-hand bikes & parts; we can rescue, recycle & reuse/put together bikes so that they are road legal, working, safe etc., but recommend Edinburgh for good, cheap servicing and great customer care & advice for the longer-term.
- The Phone Co-op are ethical telephone and broadband providers. 0845 458 9070
- Climate Care organises carbon offsetting (turning carbon consumption into environmental projects).
- Green Energy are the best energy-suppliers for greener (renewably sourced) power for homes & businesses (and supply Wesley).
- Tree Aid is a charity that works to promote poverty relief, self-sufficiency, environmental benefit, and biodiversity & land-reclamation.
The water page All about Filtered Water Bottles and the effect on health and the environment.
Student Map! maps places, events, discounts and jobs especially chosen for students. Coming to cities across the UK this year.